Vancouver Bathroom Remodelling experts EA Renovations Ltd., explore what to consider and the ins and outs of the budget plan for your bathroom remodel.
The bathroom is one of the most important areas of the home: it’s a private get-a-way that can be used as your own personal sanctuary. By remodelling a bathroom, you transform the room into a space of luxury with beautiful amenities for a homeowner to enjoy a relaxing retreat. A bathroom makeover can increase a homes’ value which is one of the reasons why it’s the second most renovated room.
Your dream bathroom should be inline with your personal style, be efficient and designed so you can function with ease. There are many factors beyond cosmetic that determine the cost of remodelling a bathroom including: condition of your existing bathroom, quality of materials used, features, interior design, plumbing fixtures, amenities, vanities, counters, lighting fixtures, flooring, tiles, materials and more. With so many things to consider, you may be wondering how you should plan your budget for a complete bathroom remodel.
Even though the square footage of a bathroom might not necessarily be high, remodelling your bathroom can be a challenging task because of the installation of multiple components in a very compact space. With bathroom remodels this is taken into consideration as the cost per square foot in a bathroom can be high compared to the other rooms. To understand how much a bathroom remodel costs, a comprehensive breakdown of the work being done can be provided by your Vancouver bathroom renovation experts.
How much should you allocate in remodelling your bathroom?
According to Consumer Reports, the rule of thumb is that you should not spend more than 5 – 10% of the total value of your home.
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) estimates an average cost of about $16,000 for a mid-range bathroom remodel. Let’s take a look at the budget breakdown suggested by NKBA for a typical remodelling project.
- Design fees: 4 percent
- Fixtures: 15 percent
- Installation: 20 percent
- Cabinetry and hardware: 16 percent
- Countertop: 7 percent
- Doors and windows: 4 percent
- Floor: 9 percent
- Walls and ceiling: 5 percent
- Lighting and ventilation: 5 percent
- Faucets and plumbing: 14 percent
- Other: 1 percent
Simple details to bring about a significant difference in your bathroom remodel
- Radiant flooring system will keep your bathroom floor warm offering you a soothing feel on cold mornings. The heating system will also speed up the drying and lessen the possibility of slips and falls.
- You can go for stain-resistant grout to reduce the tedious effort needed for cleaning. It may cost more than typical grout, however, darker and thinner grout lines can add classical beauty to your bathroom.
- Natural light always brings about a brighter and comfortable ambience in any room. Since bathrooms are located deep within your home, providing wide windows for ambient lights to come may not be a possible option. If your bathroom is on the top floor, a skylight can be an exceptional technique to flood this private space with ample sunlight.
- A heated shower mirror comes out to be very helpful to remove make-up or shave in the shower. This fog-free mirror fits perfectly with a single vanity.
- You can have a signature design with a framed mirror. Choosing the right mirror frame for a more customized look can become a focal point in your bathroom.
In addition to these details, there are a few simple ideas to consider that will add value to your bathroom remodel.
- Remove your existing vanity and replace it with a new wood model with a natural stone counter.
- Add a new framed mirror and faucet.
- Replace vinyl or linoleum with natural tile
- Improve the ventilation
- Replace lighting fixtures
- Change the hooks, towel bars, toothbrush holders and cabinet hardware. Matching colours and materials can render a synchronized look in your bathrooms.
- Replace your typical shower head with the one having multiple settings.
A bathroom remodel is certainly beneficial due to the livability and cleanliness it offers. Since bathrooms are the integral part of your home, a remodel project can also significantly increase the value of your house. In addition to receiving a higher return on investment, you will also have the benefit of years of enjoyment of your newly remodelled space. The scope and cost of your bathroom remodel entirely depends on how extensive your remodel will be.
Working with a Vancouver Construction and Bathroom Renovation company is your best bet for quality assurance and a job done right within your budget. If you have any questions about a bathroom remodel, please be sure to message EA Renovations Ltd.